Pre-pregnancy counselling, often called preconception counselling, involves gynaecologists giving advice to women before they plan to become pregnant. Pre-pregnancy counselling increases your odds of becoming pregnant and giving birth to a healthy baby. If you are planning to have a child, it’s better to consult a doctor first.
Pre-pregnancy counselling: Why is it necessary?
Our experts at Matrusri Hospital can help you schedule a pre-pregnancy counselling appointment with you the moment you decide to conceive.
- We will discuss the risks of increased consumption of folic acid supplements.
- Help you with quitting smoking and alcohol consumption.
- You will have a general check-up
- We will answer your questions related to sexual intercourse, genital infections & your fertility days
- Pre-pregnancy counselling can also help you to identify risk factors like cysts, which should be treated to have a healthy pregnancy.
The purpose of Preconception Counselling is to evaluate a woman’s average health in order to identify whether she is healthy enough for pregnancy; in addition it also helps to determine:
- An undetected pre-existing condition possibly a threat to pregnancy
- Potential risk factors that might be harmful to a fetus.
- Birth defects that may transfer to children
Pre-pregnancy counselling: What should you expect?
As part of pre-pregnancy counselling at Matrusri Hospital, our Gynaecologists will discuss various aspects of your health. In this discussion, our doctors will find any potential health issues that could damage your health during pregnancy.
In the discussion you may be asked about the following:
- Your medical history
- Any problems associated with your fertility, menstruation cycle, and general health
- The use of contraception
- Any complications in past pregnancies
To determine if you have any health issues that might affect your ability to conceive, our Gynaecologists may ask you to undergo some physical and Gynaecological examination. You need to make sure you are in perfect health by the time you become pregnant. Then you’ll be able to have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
The following advice will help you increase your chances of getting pregnant:
- Eat healthier and lead a healthier lifestyle
- Our professional Gynaecologist provides you with comprehensive knowledge about fertility and menstrual cycles.
- Tips regarding the best sexual positions that may enhance your pregnancy chances.
You probably have a lot of questions in your head if you are concerned about your fertility, pregnancy, and giving birth to a healthy child. Our best Gynaecologist in Hyderabad, Dr. Susmitha Reddy who works at Matrusri Hospital is always happy to assist you in all possible ways to ensure a healthy pregnancy.