The Gastroenterology department at Matrusri Hospital offers high-quality diagnostic and treatment services related to digestive disorders. The department offers outpatient and inpatient services. We have a team of experienced surgical & medical gastroenterologists, qualified & trained nurses and skilled lab technicians. The department’s design is aimed at providing services that are patient-centred.
Gastroenterology is a medical speciality where the gastroenterologist studies the digestive system and conditions that affect it. The department can handle diseases related to the GI tract, including the body parts from the mouth into the anus.
The department of gastroenterology has advanced significantly in knowledge and technology over the past two decades. Matrusri gastroenterology services include both medical and surgical gastroenterology approaches in order to diagnose, treat and prevent various gastrointestinal disorders, liver diseases, pancreatic disorders, and cancer.
Diseases treated by a gastroenterologist
Gastroenterology mainly treats digestive system issues, so it is better to consult a gastroenterologist if you suffer from these conditions. He can diagnose the disorder properly, treat it, or prevent it from worsening. Patients should be familiar with some common digestive conditions so they can communicate better with their healthcare providers.
- Pain in the stomach or abdomen
- Barrett’s Esophageus
- Diseases related to the bile ducts
- Celiac disease
- Constipation and Diarrhoea
- Colon polyps & bowel cancers
- Gallbladder problems like gallstones and cancer
- Gas trouble
- GERD – Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Bleeding in the digestive tract
- Piles, fissures & anal fistulas
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Jaundice, appendicitis
- Liver diseases
- Nutritional disorders
- Pancreatic diseases
- Stomach ulcers and many more.
Matrusri Hospital is having experienced surgical team that can treat a wide range of GI and liver conditions. Men and women of all ages may undergo surgical treatment here.
Surgery for digestive disorders performed at Matrusri Hospital includes liver cancer treatment, liver resection and liver transplantation. Along with gallbladder stones (laparoscopic cholecystectomy) removal surgery, removing the damaged gallbladder, and for gallbladder cancer, radical cholecystectomy is performed. Some other procedures include:
- To treat hernia problems, open surgery or laparoscopic procedures are used
- Hepatopancreatobiliary surgery – to treat medical conditions related to the liver, pancreas and biliary tree
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Esophagectomy – to treat esophageal cancer
- Hemostasis – to treat gastrointestinal bleeding
- Endoscopic mucosal resection – a surgery to remove cancerous or malignant lesions that are located in the digestive tract.
- Colorectal surgery – to disorders associated with the rectum, anus, and colon
- Surgery to treat ulcerative colitis
We assure you that our gastroenterologists are experts in treating gastrointestinal disorders of all types. Our laboratories and operation theatres are facilitated with high-end infrastructure and advanced technology to ensure a smooth and successful surgical experience.